Predictive Targeting analytics is a method of applying a predictive model to data, learning from the experience of your organisation to start predicting future events, like customer actions, is powerful.
Predictive analytics also helps to improve your organisational effectiveness and efficiency which further drive successful business outcomes.
What is predictive targeting?
It all starts with the segmentation of visitors that identifies the right target for each action you want to take. With predictive targeting, you entrust the segmentation of your visitors to a machine learning algorithm that feeds on all your visitor data.
By analysing visitor’s data, the algorithm develops the ability to predict the intent of your visitors. It also detects correlations between them with the help of micro-signals which are linked to their data, which also allows you to adapt the experiment according to the profile of each user.
The predictive targeting algorithm is thus able to:
- Detect the sensitivity of a visitor to different messages to show him the formula that will make him convert. If some visitors are sensitive to the scarcity effect, they will be revealed “More than three items available”, while if the algorithm detects that the visitor is sensitive to the price, it will be displayed instead “Best price measured on the last five days”.
- Detect one appetite for one product over another. On a site that sells both coats and swimsuits, you can push from the homepage the category jerseys to those who are interested, without harming their experience by showing them coats.
- Calculate the probability of belonging to a segment that cannot be manually defined and modelled a priori. The algorithm can detect who are the visitors of the segment “undecided”, to push only the necessary incentives
The Benefits of Predictive Targeting
- Increase your ROI: With a precise targeting of the audience, it is possible to set up marketing actions that meet the needs of your visitors.
- Improving the User Experience: By targeting only the visitors who are interested in your offer, you offer a consistent experience to visitors while ensuring not to degrade the course of other Internet users who are not concerned.
- Time-Saving: Another significant advantage is that the predictive algorithms are implemented very quickly and automate all your actions, which saves a lot of time.
- Know your customers: It allows you to zoom in on each segment of your audience, and thus to understand who among your visitors those who convert are.
- Gain a Competitive Advantage: Predictive targeting can enable speed and agility for your organisation, which in turn can translate into a competitive advantage.
- Optimise Marketing Productivity: With predictive analytics, marketers can see the trends and outliers, inform key insights which enable better decision-making.
With Coming years, Predictive Analysis and Targeting will become more potent as machine learning improves. Both B2B and B2C companies can gain a competitive advantage in this early adoption stage by using it.
Recommended For You: